Since being and staying well is what everyone is thinking about, and what I’ve been sharing about most often in my day to day life, I thought I would go through my list of must haves, routines, tips, and must dos for getting/being/staying as healthy as can be.
I’m gonna keep it super simple, and include links, and brief explanations of why/how. Please feel free to leave comments, or share with friends and family. Also, an important note: I am not a doctor and am not telling you to take these products or giving any semblance of medical advice. This is my routine. My research. My decisions. My products. What you do is completely up to you.
Most of the products I use, especially the supplements and antioxidant drink, are from Young Living. My shipments show up at my doorstep every month, and are full of incredible, plant-based products. If you want your own membership, click here.
- Find a good Vitamin D. I take this one, which I get from my chiropractor. Most of us, especially those of us in the beautiful PNW, don’t get enough vitamin d. This is a daily supplement. I have this liquid vitamin d for my kids, and they don’t mind it at all!
- Schedule regular chiropractic visits. We try to go twice a month, but we go 1-2x a week if we’re under the weather. A body in alignment is much more likely to be strong and healthy – when everything is in place, everything can function as it’s supposed to.
- Vitamin C. Our bodies don’t produce it, so you have to find a good supplement. I take this one for daily dose, but I’m ordering this one to do a vitamin c flush very soon. There is vast research pointing to vitamin c as an incredibly important and beneficial nutrient; the more its studied, the more we understand how diverse it is in protecting our immune systems, cardiovascular health, eye health and more! Vitamin C is necessary for growth, development and repair of all body tissues. It’s involved in the formation of collagen, absorption of iron, immune system function, wound healing, and the maintenance of bone, cartilage and teeth. It’s also water soluble. This means that excess amounts are not stored in the body – so you need to replace it daily. In times where your body is under stress and/or your immune system is weakened, your body will use up vitamin C quickly. Vitamin C helps stimulate both production and function of your white blood cells, which are responsible for fighting off infection. (Our Vit C is formulated with camu camu, acerola, cherry and rose hips fruit powder).
- Elderberry. I make my own, with raw honey and my favorite essential oils. We take this if we come into contact with someone that is sick, just to give our bodies a little bit more fighting power. The frequency that you take your elderberry is THE most important – I take 1 tablespoon hourly, until symptoms subside. This elixir has severely reduced the length of my sickness (coming from someone that used to be sick for weeks on end).
- Inner Defense. This supplement is magic. We take this once every few days, and more often if we’re run down or fighting something. IT WORKS. I’ve got nothing else to say about this, except to get it. The website says: reinforces systemic defenses, creates unfriendly terrain for yeast/fungus, promotes healthy respiratory function, and contains potent essential oils like oregano, thyme, and Thieves® which are rich in thymol, carvacrol, and eugenol for immune support. Yes, please!
- Probiotic. Health begins in the gut, so getchu a good probiotic ASAP. Your gut is an area of your body that is highly concentrated (or should be) with bacteria – about 100 TRILLION – thats more than the entire amount of cells in your body (by about tenfold). You need that bacteria for digestion, absorption of nutrients, immune system function, mental health, neurological health. Our probiotic has 17 billion active cultures from 9 different strains of bacteria (Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium lactis, Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus salivarius, Streptococcus thermophilus, Bifidobacterium breve, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium longum).
- Ningxia Red. There’s so much I could say about NR, but I’ll just say that this drink is something that everyone should be drinking — it’s a wolfberry (aka goji berry) puree, and it’s just magical. I take 2-4oz of this daily; my favorite way to drink it is in a little cocktail with a Bubly water of choice (cherry or lemoncello). I have people on my team that order JUST this, every single month, and would never miss a day. You can check out the starter kits here (spoiler: you get a LOT of bang for your buck!)
- Ditch ingredients that make it harder for your body to operate at full capacity. Some of those things: fragrance. Sugar. Food dyes. You don’t have to be perfect, but choose 1-2 things in your life that you can swap out or eliminate this month. Two easy ones: your household cleaner (especially if it says “fragrance” in the ingredient list), and a food item you buy often that might have added sugar in it (swap it out for one that doesn’t). For us, it was peanut butter. It’s important for me now to read labels and find one that doesn’t have the added sugar content (especially with the amount of peanut butter and honey sandwiches my kids eat, holy wow). It’s worth it, ok?
- Diffuse essential oils! We keep them pumpin’ in our house daily. I love Thieves + orange in the diffuser (which, coincidentally, is also the blend I add to my elderberry syrup).
- Other supplements I take/need to order: this mushroom blend, glutathione, and a good zinc!
What are some of your favorite items in your wellness routine?